Friday, December 28, 2007


As 2007 comes to a close, it's time to reflect on the year that has passed and look forward to the new year.


Highlights for me were seeing my little boy grow up (he's now 2 years & 6 months), gaining my Walking Group Leader qualification, publishing The Inn Way...to the Peak District (and it becoming the Mail on Sunday's travel book of the week), setting up teamwalking.co.uk (and getting several clients) and going on dozens of memorable walks. The best walks were undoubtedly in the Peak District with Lathkill Dale in late May a particular highlight. However, I also walked and researched the route for my Yorkshire Water Way Vol 2, which charts a route through the South Pennines from Ilkley to Langsett via Manshead End (pictured above).
Objectives for 2008? First and foremost is my family. Then, I will be bringing out two books - Yorkshire Water Way Vol 2 (spring 2008) and Walking Weekends Lake District (Dec 08). I will also be developing my website, pushing my teamwalking.co.uk and promoting The Inn Way walks (as always!).
I hope that 2008 brings you health and happiness, and I hope to bump into you perhaps in the Lake District during the summer whilst researching my Walking Weekends book.
Cheers
Mark Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment