Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's just turned October 2006 and I've now spent the last 18 months researching my Peak District books, and I still haven't finished them! My "Walking Weekends Peak District" book is getting there, slowly. I've walked all of the 24 routes but I've still got 6 left to research and write up - and they take about 2 or 3 days to do each one. Realistically, I should get the book finished by the end of October. It will be a great book when it's finished as there are some superb walks featuring some great pubs. Because it is such a popular walking area, it has taken me much longer than I thought researching it as I need to be confident that my finished books will showcase the very best the area has to offer.

In the meantime, I'll be heading out tomorrow to do a walk for my weekly column in the Northern Echo. I think I'll head up to County Durham, but I haven't decided where yet! It'll probably be Hob Hole and Baysdale near Castleton. The finished walk will appear in this week's newspaper on Thursday.

Cheers

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment